Smart Research Guitar DI Deluxe designed to solve many instrument recording and DI problems. For instance, one guitar feeding down long cables to 3 amps in a different area, without hums or change of tone.
Conceived at Real World Studios, to solve the problem of a guitarist wanting to play in the control room and have amplifiers set up in a live room sometimes several hundred feet away. Prototypes were also used at Virgin/ EMI Townhouse and Manor studios.
Smart Research Guitar DI Deluxe Features:
- Balanced line driver for long cables
- Speaker level DI input, and one unity gain DI Box/Splitter for two DI or Amp feeds.
- Since then producers and artists such as Tom Lord Alge, Peter Gabriel, Paul Weller, and Tears for Fears have bought systems.
- The system comprises a TRANSMIT box and RECEIVE box:
- The TRANSMIT box has a high impedance input and line driver, which will drive long cables to the RECEIVE box input, which feeds the two Di/splitters in both the TRANSMIT and RECEIVE boxes, giving 8 isolated outputs.
- The RECEIVE unit has a speaker simulator input, so you can plug the speaker output of an amp in for ‘dirty’ DI sounds with or without a speaker connected.
- DI/splitters have break jack inputs and can be used as separate DI’Ss if desired, as well as earth lift switches to stop hum problems.
- This means there are a total of 8 outputs; a line driver and receiver; and a speaker simulator.
- Also available Smart Guitar DI with 1 x DI box / Splitter.