The Rupert Neve MBC is “The ultimate tool for creating digital signals with the tone, transparency, and power expected from Rupert Neve Designs”, and includes a full-featured analog limiter, 24-bit / 192 kHz conversion, where the signal can be accessed via two different paths, selectable for added tonal versatility.
The analog drive circuitry allows the MBC’s converter to be fed by either a class-A transformerless path for maximum transparency, or by custom interstage audio transformers with variable Silk for a wide variety of tonal enhancements. Coupled with an astonishingly musical limiter, the MBC is always the best choice to capture your analog signals with breathtakingly three-dimensional accuracy. the MBC is equipped with AES, S/PDIF and TOSLINK outputs capable of simultaneous output to multiple destinations. The word clock output allows the MBC to act as high-end master clock for your entire setup, and the word clock input allows external sync to a separate master clock if desired.
The MBC’s 24-bit/192kHz converters were developed after years of careful listening, and represent a further advancement of the design within the RMP-D8.
Rupert Neve MBC Features:
- 24-bit/192kHz Reference Conversion for unequaled analog capture
- Selectable analog drive paths: Class A transformer-less or custom transformer-coupled
- Class A transformer-less path maximizes clarity and transparency of the input signal
- Transformer path with proprietary Silk Texture processing adds warmth, weight, and punch
- Active Compound Release limiting for hotter levels with minimal artifacts, plus clip safety for tracking or broadcast
- Precision clocking using state-of-the-art chip set for ultra-low jitter and phase noise
- 2 balanced analog XLR inputs
- AES, TOSlink, and coax S/PDIF digital outputs available simultaneously
- Word clock I/O on BNC connectors
- Level and Gain Reduction LED meters
- Rear-panel meter Peak Hold adjustments
- Dimensions: 48.3 x 22.9 x 4.2 cm
- Weight: 4,5kg
- Manual here