The Rupert Neve 543 Mono Compressor delivers unobtrusive, musical-sounding dynamic control and brick-wall limiting found in the Portico 5043 module to the 500 series format. The 543 features a fully controllable compressor-limiter with feed-forward/feed-back modes, Peak/RMS detection and a built-in sidechain high-pass filter. With an unrivaled heritage and a tremendous feature set, the 543 yields a combination of rich warmth, flexibility and precision that is sure to resonate in the ears of sound engineers the world over.
Rupert Neve 543 Tech Specifications:
- Gain Range: Continuously variable from 6 dB to +20 dB.
- Threshold Range: Continuously variable from 36 dB to +22 dB.
- Ratio Range: Continuously variable from 1.1:1 to Limit (40:1).
- Attack Range: Continuously variable from 20mS to 75mS
- Release Range: Continuously variable from 100mS to 2.5 Seconds.
- FF/FB: Feed-Forward or Feed-Back VCA control.
- Noise: Measured at Main Output, un-weighted, 22Hz-22kHz, Terminated 40 Ohms.
- With Gain at Unity, Compressor disengaged
Better than 103 dBu.
- With Gain at Unity, Compressor engaged:
Better than 92 dBu
- Frequency Response: Main Output, Unity Gain
- @ 18 Hz, +/- .1dB
- @ 150 kHz -3 dB.
- Crosstalk: Measured Channel to Channel: Better than 90 dB @ 15kHz.
- Meters: Monitor INPUT LEVEL and GAIN REDUCTION
- Not standalone — requires compatible 500 Series chassis (LunchBox R6 U & Rack R10 U)