The Empirical Labs EL7X Fatso adds even more sonic goodness to the original Fatso analog tape simulator, one of the most popular “sweetening” processors. This version of the Fatso packs a new compressor model based on the classic Urei 1176LN, plus an improved interface, more stereo link functions, and cooler operating temperature. Whether you’re tracking drums, creating electronic music, or finalizing a full mix, you’ll soon be addicted to adding smooth analog saturation and compression to your tracks with the Fatso EL7x analog tape simulator.
With the FATSO, recording studios and audio production facilities can enhance and soften the sound of Hardware Digital Recorders (HDRs) and Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs). Mix engineers will have the option not to have to use bulky, expensive analog tape recorders to get the warmth and sweet high end they’ve come to rely on for so many decades.
Empirical Labs EL7X Fatso Features:
- A new ratio “Eleven”, which emulates a favourite classic compressor setting.
- New Two Color Front Panel
- Improved Logic
- Separate TRACKING LED, more intuitive display.
- Backwards stepping when a front panel button is held.
- New extended stereo link functions. More choices of how to lock compressors.
- Cooler running Logic Circuitry, resulting in an overall cooler operating temperature.
- Improved overall noise floor, due to lower logic power consumption.
- With Classic Knee compression
- Inputs and outputs: XLR and jack per channel
- Link connection for additional EL7X
- Sidechain input per channel
- Optional: EL-FTC FATSO Threshold Controller
- Manual here