Based on the Portico 5017 Mobile Pre, the Rupert Neve 517 provides world class, transformer-coupled preamp, compressor and DI circuitry, with Vari-phase, Silk and DI/mic blending capabilities in a 500 series model. As the first 500 series module designed by Mr. Rupert Neve, the 517 incorporates outstanding sonic quality with an indispensable feature set.
Used as a single channel device for instruments, the 517 can be used to phase align, combine and compress direct and amplified signals. The blend control is used for mixing direct and amplified signals to achieve the desired tonal blend between the two sources, and the variphase is used to minimize or extenuate phase cancellations between the two signals.
Rupert Neve 517 Features:
- Frequency Response: Main Output, no load, –0.2 dB @ 10 Hz –3 dB @ 160 kHz
- Noise: Measured at Main Output, unweighted, 22Hz-22kHz, Terminated 150 Ohms. With gain at unity better than –100 dBu With gain at 66 dB better than –62 dBu Equivalent Input Noise better than –128 dBu Noise Factor 1.5dB
- Maximum Output Level: Maximum output from 20 Hz to 40 kHz is +23 dBu.
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise:
- @ 1kHz, +20 dBu output level, no load.
- Main Output, compressor bypassed
Better than 0.0006%.
- Main Output, compressor engaged Better than 0.02%
- Measured channel to channel: Better than –90 dB @ 15kHz.
- Phantom Power: +48 Volts DC +/- 1%
- Not standalone — requires compatible 500 Series chassis (LunchBox R6 U & Rack R10 U)