El Focusrite Rednet D64R MADI is a 1U, 64×64 MADI interface for any Dante™ audio-over-IP network. Featuring network and power supply redundancy, RedNet D64R is the ideal choice for providing MADI I/O in many critical-path applications, whether in Post Production, Broadcast, Live Sound or the Recording Studio.
MADI connectivity is provided in the form of coax through two rear-panel BNC connectors, as well as optical through an SC-Duplex connector. Word Clock I/O allows RedNet D64R to provide clock to external equipment, or alternatively to sync the Dante network to an external clock. The word clock input can additionally be used as the sync source for the unit’s sample rate converters, allowing asynchronous operation between the network and the MADI domains. Front panel status LEDs provide visual feedback of signal presence, SRC status, PSU status and more.
Focusrite Rednet D64R MADI Features:
- Connects a MADI system and a Dante network seamlessly together. Connect Dante to digital mixing consoles, interfaces and cards that use MADI; or extend a MADI system with RedNet’s versatile, superb-quality audio interfaces and connectivity – or any other Dante compatible devices.
- Built-in redundancy with dual locking power and etherCON network connectors.
- Supports both coax and optical interfaces – connect simply to any MADI equipment.
- Slave either the Dante system or MADI streams to an external clock
- Supports up to 64 channels of digital audio I/O at standard sample rates (44.1/48kHz) from a MADI system, 32 channels at 96kHz and 16 at 192kHz.
- Sample rate conversion (SRC) on each input and output, allowing MADI and Dante systems to operate simultaneously at different sample rates.
- Simple 1U rack-mount module with the classic red aluminium faceplate.
- RedNet Control and Dante software allow remote routing and control from the audio computer system via a software control panel – no hardware patching required.