The Neumann U87 Ai Studio Set is arguably the best known and most widely used studio microphone in the world (for good reason). The U87 Ai condenser microphone is a large diaphragm microphone with three polar patterns and a unique frequency and transient response characteristic.
A distinctive design and legendary Neumann sound make this mic a must-have for pro studios. The U 87 is known for its unique frequency and transient response characteristics which deliver a smooth natural sound with a variety of source material.
The U87 Ai is used as a main microphone for orchestra recordings, as a spot mic for single instruments, and extensively as a vocal microphone for all types of music and speech. The easy-to-recognize U 87 is a classic!
Neumann U87 Ai Studio Set Features:
- Variable large diaphragm microphone
- Pressure-gradient transducer with double membrane capsule
- The studio microphone classic
- Three directional characteristics: omni, cardioid, figure-8
- Switchable low frequency roll-off
- Switchable 10dB pre-attenuation
- Ideal as main and as support microphone in practiacally all recording situations
- Requires +48V phantom power
- With Shockmount
- Available too Stereo Set