The Heritage Audio TUBESESSOR is an optical tube compressor with an absolute sweet, warm and natural dynamic control possible, but also the possibility to spice up the sound up on occasion.
Tube compression, especially based on an optical design, is generally considered to be warmer than VCA and FET designs, and it tends to provide a very pleasant, more natural, smoother result. This has made it the preferred choice for seasoned engineers and producers that want to provide a very transparent control over a signal while offering a hint of enhancement but keeping true to the original tone. For this very reason optical tube compressors are usually the first thing one reaches for when dealing with critical vocals and bass signals. The TUBESESSOR is the perfect option for this.
There are 4 available settings that vary from CLASSIC, no saturation, all the way to HOT, a heavily treated signal. This greatly increases the tonal options you can achieve with the Tubesessor therefore making it much more flexible than any other optical tube compressor out there. Heritage Audio has sourced NOS tubes for a lifetime, making sure your investment is safe and sound.
Heritage Audio Tubesessor Features:
- Fully tube-based amplifier stage and fully transformer-balanced inputs and outputs
- Separate tube saturation section for tube saturation
- Adjustable attack and release times
- 5 Built-in filter options for the sidechain section
- VU meter
- Gain: -10 to +30 dB
- Ratio: 2:1 to 10:1
- Threshold: 10 to -40 dB
- Sidechain filters: HP: 80 Hz, 160 Hz, 5 kHz, Peak: 1 kHz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 482 x 134 x 153 mm
- Weight: 3.364 kg
- Manual here