Burl Audio B16 Mothership 16 channel, configurable AD/DA Interface.
Burl Audio is proud to announce the release of the B16 Mothership, a 2U, 2-slot version of the revolutionary B80 Mothership, Burl Audio’s signature product. Simply put, the B80 Mothership has redefined digital recording, and now the legendary sound can be found in a smaller, more portable B16 Mothership. Utilizing technology developed for the B80, the new B16 Mothership uses the exact same I/O cards as the B80 Mothership, continuing Burl Audio’s deep dedication to analog class-A circuitry. The result is not only heard, it is felt. The Mothership stands out from every other interface on the market not because it is colored, but because it does not sterilize the source.
Using a card based system, and a heavy-duty 2U chassis, the B16 Mothership employs 2 card slots with an internal power supply and your choice of Motherboard for Digilink, MADI, Dante or SoundGrid connectivity. Every ADC channel uses a proprietary BX1 transformer and every DAC channel has the latest Burl Audio discrete op-amp, BOPA4.
For anyone who has yearned for a Mothership in a smaller format, this is a dream come true. A typical setup is a 4 in, 8 out system, but it can also be configured as an 8 input tracking system, or a 16-output portable mix rig. If needed, you can also use either the BAES4 card with 4 channels of AES in and out per card, or the BCLK card, which distributes 8 word clock outputs per card.
Digital interconnect is also completely configurable, and controlled by a swappable motherboard. Burl Audio offers four digital motherboards, the BMB1 (Digi-link) , BMB2 (MADI), BMB3 (Dante), BMB4 (SoundGrid) and BMB5 (USB).
- The BMB1 comes standard with two DigiLink connectors for direct hookup to Pro Tools.
- The BMB2 features two optical MADI ports for use with ASIO or CORE AUDIO PCIe MADI cards.
- The BMB3 features two Ethernet ports for use with DANTE enabled DAWs and any DANTE enabled device, such as a digital mixing console.
- The BMB4 card allows for connectivity to any SOUNDGRID device, as well as low latency for a complete digital audio networking solution.
- The BMB5 features USB connectivity. Designed exclusively for the B16, the BMB5 provides an easy interface to any computer via USB.
- The BMB6 features 8 channels of AES/EBU I/O connectivity. Designed exclusively for the B16. With switchable input and output transformers.