The BAE 1073 NOPS (formerly Brent Averill Enterprises) preamp yields a really fat sound. It seems to add subharmonics to the low end which makes the bottom end sound huge. It smoothes the top end, giving the highs a silky sheen.
The BAE 1073 slightly compresses transients, as well. It is a smooth, fat, larger than life sound. An added bonus is to use the front-panel DI inputs to fatten samples and synths and instruments. Balanced line-level inputs on the rear allow for fattening and punching up entire mixes, or in a signal chain with other +4 gear.
The BAE 1073 equalizer is very broad-banded and musical.
BAE 1073 NOPS:
- Made from an authentic reproduction of a Neve™* 1073 module
- Hi-Z direct inputs on the front panel
- 48v phantom power on the front panel
- Balanced mic input, line input and balanced +4 output from XLR connectors on the rear of the module
- One-year warranty
- Output level control functions as fader when going straight to tape
- Modules are mounted horizontally and take up only one rack unit each
- Oversize power supply provides four times the current needed for optimum sound quality.
- No PSU
- Also available with PSU and in Stereo Pair