The API 527A takes it’s place alongside the family of API VCA based compressors, the 225L and the 2500 Stereo Bus Compressor. Features common to the line like “feed forward” (NEW) and “feed back” (OLD) gain reduction methods selectable on the front panel, provide a choice of “that old way”, or “the new way” of compression, for the highest level of flexibility in signal gain control.
The API 527 is designed for individual channel use or, through the use of the LINK switch, two units can be combined for Stereo applications via a motherboard bus connection.
- Feed-forward or feed-back compression
- Hard or soft knee compression
- Patented THRUST® switch for frequency-dependent sidechain control
- Continuously variable, 31 position detented THRESHOLD control
- Continuously variable, 31 position detented RATIO control
- Continuously variable, 31 position detented ATTACK and RELEASE controls
- Continuously variable, 31 position detented OUT (output) level control
- 10-segment gain reduction/VU meter (GR/Output)
- Overload LED
- IN switch with soft and hard relay bypass
- Audio circuit uses the 2510 and 2520 discrete op-amps
- “IN” switch with hard relay bypass when in the “Out” position
- Need a lunchbox API 500-8B or rack API 500VPR.
- Dimensions: 1.5″ x 5.25″ x 7″
- Weight: 1.8 lbs.
- Manual here