The Smart Research C2M has one set of controls and two audio channels for Stereo use. The characteristic sound of this unit arises mostly from the fast response at the onset of compression, which when delayed to occur around the mid range attack settings (after 0.3 to 3 milliseconds) results in a window through which transients can still pass.
Smart Research C2M Features:
- Fast attack and limit settings for protective limiting.
- Crush mode gives f.e.t ‘overcompression’ with tailored frequency response, and higher distortion, for ‘huge’ dynamic effects.
- External sidechain inputs, (for ducking etc.)
- Power fail bypass for broadcast or live sound.
- Ratios 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 10:1 and Limit.
- Attack 0, 0.1, 0.3, 1, 3, 10, and 30 m/sec.
- Release 0.1, 0.3, 0.6, 1.2, and 2.4 seconds.Options:
- External fader level control input, (to order) (stereo mastering etc).
- Extra Optional:
- Sidechain Smart Research C2 HPF-Y, reduces sensitivity to low frequency compression. The C2 input is split through 150Hz -6dB/octave High Pass filter to feed the External Sidechain input. The C2 operates as normal, untill the ‘External Sidechain’ switches selected. (External signals can still be connected if required, with or without the filters).
- Fader externos para el control de salida.
- Unidad de Extensión extra de dos canales para aplicaciones multicanal.
- New generation of Voltage Controlled Amplifiers.
- High slew rate amplifiers, with hybrid f.e.t/ transistor inputs (Analog Devices).
- High current push-pull transistor outputs.
- Total symmetry throughout signal path.
- No electrolytic capacitors used in main signal path.
- All inputs and outputs balanced.