Rupert Neve Shelford 5025 is a limited edition two-channel version of our flagship preamplifier that has become an indispensable tool for countless engineers and musicians. The Dual Shelford offers the sonic excellence of two Rupert Neve Designs Shelford mic preamps in a single rack space with an internal power supply; simply put, these are two channels of the finest microphone preamplification in the world.
The Silk & Texture circuit on the Dual Shelford Mic Pre allows you to fine-tune the amount (and type) of harmonic content in the output stage.
Rupert Neve Shelford 5025 Features:
- Mic Gain: This 12-way precision rotary switch controls gain from 0 to 66 dB in 6 dB steps.
- Trim: This rotary switch provides further continuous gain adjustment over a range of +/– 6 dB.
- 48V: This push button switch engages phantom power on the microphone input.
- Polarity: This push button switch inverts the polarity of the signal path. It illuminates when engaged. (The symbol “Ø” is often used to denote opposite polarity.)
- HPF / HPF FREQ: The HPF switch engages a 12dB per octave high pass filter. The HPF FREQ potentiometer is variable from 20Hz to 250Hz, and can be used to filter out unwanted low frequencies, or in conjunction with the EQ to help shape source material. Note that engaging the HPF to S/C switch moves the HPF from the primary signal path to the compressor side-chain signal path.
- Silk / Texture: Pushing the Silk button cycles the Silk modes from Red to Blue to OFF. Silk reduces the negative feedback on the output transformer, adding harmonic content as the texture is increased. Red Silk accentuates the musical harmonic saturation from the mid and high frequencies, while Blue Silk accentuates harmonics from the low and low-mid frequencies. By manipulating the Texture control, the amount of Silk can be changed from essentially absent, to roughly 4-5% THD (mostly second order) depending on how hard the output transformer is being driven.
- VU Meters: The VU Meters are calibrated to display average (RMS) output levels.
- Peak LED: Red indicates near clipping of the output stage.
- Dual Tap Output: In addition to the MAIN full-headroom output, the -6dB output creates a rich harmonic character while reducing the risk of clipping the next device in the chain.
- Gnd Lift: This switch separates the direct connection from audio signal ground to chassis earth.
- Universal IEC Power Input: Works worldwide, accepting voltages from 100-240VAC.
- Dimensions: 19” (48.3 cm) x 9.2” (23.4 cm) x 1.75” (4.4 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 11 lbs. (5 kg)