The Kahayan Vintage 80 series Mix Buss is a stereo processor that allows to insert in your mixbus setup the summing bus circuit of the classic 80 series consoles. The music of the ‘60s and ‘70s was characterized by a sound that was warm, fat, and rich, with a breathtakingly detailed midrange, now thanks to this unit you can add to your mix all this harmonic structure and colored sound.
The Vintage 80 series Mix Buss is designed to be used mostly as an insert on the mix bus, but can also be used to enhance instrument group busses. We suggest to insert it before you start mixing and then mix through it. This helps you tailor the mix and get the best sound.
All the components used in manufacturing come essentially from the same manufacturers that supplied the ones used originally, reproducing and expanding the benefits of these.
Kahayan Vintage 80 Series Mix Buss Features:
- Stereo Processor
- The controls included are:
- BYPASS SWITCH of the Mix buss processor. When the Led is on, the unit is active.
- DRIVE controls harmonic distortion: It sounds like aggressively hitting a console mix buss. High settings increase grit and drive. Lower settings tend to open up the dynamics. Begin with extreme settings so that you can really hear the effect: ‘’distorsion’’.
- OUTPUT fader to compensate the output level as you adjust the drive control.
- IRON BYPASS Output transfomer bypass switch. This ouptut transformer is part of this classic midrange sound, when you bypass it you have smooth more dynamic sound, so you have a new sound option. When the Led is on, the transformer is out of the signalpath.
- BLEND The Dry/Wet blend control determines the balance between the original and the processed signal. The range is from 0% (dry, unprocessed) to 100% (wet, processed signal only). And it is located in the signal path after the drive and output control.
- VUMETER Works like a classic vumeter that you can find in the consoles, but it is positionated after Drive control and gives a view of the saturation level. The 0 VU is calibrated in a 1% THD position, over that level, the saturarion increases. We recommend that find your ”sweet spot”.
- ON/OFF Power on/of switch.
- Also available Mastering Version
- Weight: 8kg
- Manual here