The Kahayan Solid 4000-500 Stereo is a stereo processor that glues together and brings life to a mix. Based in the classic british consoles, it has the same bus circuit that the Solid 4k–500 series of the Epsilon 32–500 summing mixer. 500 series.
The Kahayan Solid 4000 Stereo is designed to be used mostly as an insert on the mix bus, but can also be used to enhance instrument group busses. We suggest to insert it before you start mixing and then mix through it. This helps you tailor the mix and get the best sound.
Kahayan Solid 400-500 Stereo Specifications:
- 2 units of 500 series rack format
- Connections: 2 balanced inputs and 2 balanced outputs
The controls included are:
- DRIVE controls harmonic distortion: It sounds like aggressively hitting a console mix buss. High settings increase grit and drive. Lower settings tend to open up the dynamics. Begin with extreme settings so that you can really hear the effect. The Drive Fader allows to attenuate or enhance the stereo signal at -∞ dB to +12 dB
- OUTPUT fader to compensate the output level as you adjust the drive control. The Output Fader allows to attenuate or enhance the stereo signal at -∞ dB to +10 dB
- Headroom: +24dBu
- Power: 110mA with 16 volt bipolar power supplies
- Weight: 1Kg
- Avilable in rack format: Kahayan Solid 4000 rack
- Manual here