The Heritage Audio HERCHILD 660 Tube Compressor is a clean and intelligently designed tube-based compressor featuring a legendary sound finally available to everyone. For years the industry has referred to this tube-based beast as something special, unique, and even magic-like. The original Fairchild has indeed been an essential part of the sound to so many hits during several decades. It certainly has earned its title as the granddaddy of all compressors. Being based around 11 valves and 5 transformers you can be sure the HERCHILD Model 660 will imprint its signature sound all over your tracks providing that familiar tone that everyone has come to love.
While staying true to the original in terms of response and sound, we´ve been able to add a few things to make it more practical in modern day studios. First off we´ve given direct access to the continuously variable DC THRESHOLD (Slope/Ratio/Knee) control. This is something that makes the compressor so much more flexible and was only available on the original via an inconvenient screw adjustment hidden from immediate access. It´s easy to go from a soft, unnoticeable, light compression to a heavier, harder limiting…and everything in-between. Then there´s the SC FILTER. Nowadays, it´s just about impossible to fathom a compressor without this feature as it´s become so important in everyday use. Here we´ve provided 4 different frequencies to choose from to precisely tailor your compression needs. We´ve also faithfully reproduced the exact attack and release times in the Time Constant section with the same 6 settings as the original so you can confidently recreate the feel of its ancestor.
Heritage Audio HERCHILD 660 Features:
- Fully tube-based compression Sidechain filter for modern-day needs
- Immediate access to the continuously variable slope LAT/VERT mode makes MID/SIDE processing possible
- Clean, intelligent design to guarantee many years of use
- That legendary sound finally available to everyone
- 4 modes of operation: Individual, Link(Stereo), LAT/VERT (MID/SIDE) & LAT/VERT Link
- Time Constant Settings
- Line Inputs: Female Gold Plated XLR Connector
- Line Outputs: Male Gold Plated XLR Connector
- Valves: (11) User changeable valves with easy access
- Power Input: IEC standard power input connector
- Voltage Selector: Here you can select the correct voltage input according to the country you are in
- Also available HERCHILD 670 with two channel
- Dimensions (W x H x L): 482mm x 134mm (3 Rack units) x 200mm.
- Weight: 7.365 Kg.