The Drawmer SP2120 Speaker Protector offers both strict level control and tremendous peace of mind to the contractor, installer and venue in the knowledge that, as its name suggests, the 1U, two channel processor eliminates the possibility of ’unauthorised’ excessive sound pressure levels on speaker systems (as caused by spikes and pops in the system, or by over-enthusiast djs/engineers) which could result in damage to both chassis drivers and amplifier electronics. In addition only the maintenance engineer and the venue manager hold a key. The unit also gives a wide variety of venues, such as clubs, theatres, pubs, schools, universities etc. the opportunity to comply with the local legislation regarding noise levels.
- Key Holder access only.
- Takes only minutes to install.
- Tamper-Proof bracket (available separately) to lock-in the XLRs and conform to Local Authority regulations.
- Dual 16 segment Left/Right bargraphs for ’at a glance’ level metering.
- ’Protection’ processing 16 segment bargraph display.
- No sound quality loss even during heavy protection processing.
- Once installed and calibrated completely eliminates the possibility of ’unauthorised’ volume levels.
- Eliminates sound system abuse and the resulting cost of chassis speaker re-cones, HF diaphragm replacements and amplifier repairs.
- Reduces ’call-out’ costs of sound system service/repair engineers.
- Reduces sound system ’down time’ and the consequential loss of venue income.
- Isolation transformer output option.