Based on the API 500 Series form factor, the Burl Audio B1 was designed to compliment the B2 Bomber ADC, and give you multi-channel pleasure. With the proprietary BX3 input transformer and BX2 output transformer, the B1 Mic Pre delivers warmth with depth and clarity.
The B1 and B1D come complete with both Gain and Level controls. If you want that heavy, gainy tone, crank up the stepped gain control and offset that with the level control. If clean tone is your thing, turn the gain down and crank up the level. For ribbon mics and other low impedance sources, the B1 has a transformer coupled impedance select. The B1 was rigorously tested with the popular Royer R-121 in the low impedance setting, and we think it sounds pretty f***ing bitchin’’ on guitar amps.
The B1 gets the best out of any microphone, whether it be dynamic, condenser or ribbon.
Burl Audio B1 Features:
- BURL custom BX3 input transformer
- BURL custom BX2 output transformer
- Audiophile, discrete, Class A, direct-coupled, capacitor free circuit path
- Stepped gain control
- Independent output level control
- 70 dB gain
- Impedance select
- 1/4” front panel DI input
- 30 dB pad for hot signals and balanced line level input
- Phantom power
- Phase reverse
- Tri-colored gain level indication
- Love and thunder
- 500 Series