Originally conceived for use in API consoles of the ’60s and ’70s, the API 560 is a unique device designed to accomplish tasks that no other EQ can. Extremely fast to set and reset using accurate zero detents, the curve shaping potential of the API 560 remains unmatched. With a wide range of 500 mounting options, from racks to consoles, the 560 proves an invaluable asset to all critical performance applications. Based on API’s original 560 EQ, the current production 560 has improved resolution in the ±4 dB area and possesses our exclusive circuitry and proprietary components, including the API 2520 Op Amp.
The extraordinary headroom made possible with the 2520 offers consistent analog performance even when using radical EQ curves. Of course, the 2520’s ability to drive low impedance loads is key when it is paired with API’s custom output transformers. The results are quite audible with better low frequency reproduction and tighter imaging, which gives you that legendary API “punch in your gut” sound.
API 560 Características:
- 10 bands of API proprietary equalization
- Familiar graphics operation on one octave centers
- 12 dB of boost/cut per band
- “Proportional Q” narrows filter Q at extremes
- Additional resolution within the ±4 region
- Center detent for reliable reset
- Silent bypass button
- Based on the original 1969 API 560 EQ