José María Guzmán, founding member of mythical groups such as Cadillac, Solera or Canovas, Rodrigo, Adolfo and Guzmán, is a singer, musician and composer who does not need presentations and whose artistic trajectory dates back to the 60s. He has in his curriculum, there of the referred bands, his work as producer, session musician, even actor in musicals such as We Will Rock You or Rocky Horror Picture Show and has collaborated with countless bands and musical projects over 5 decades. His long experience, as a live singer and the timbre and detail of his voice, demand a faithful reproduction without artifacts, that translates perfectly the micro-dynamics of a voice and acoustic guitar performance like the ones we know him for, for may years.
The Lewitt MTP 940CM, the brand’s top-of-the-range live vocal microphone, is a large 1 “diaphragm condenser, offering three polar patterns (cardioid, supercardioid and wide cardioid) for optimal versatility. It also has built-in attenuation adjustment and a bass cut filter. The illuminated interface helps navigate the microphone settings, even in low light environments.
With an extremely low signal-to-noise ratio, the MTP 940CM has a dynamic range of 135dBA, being able to withstand sound pressure levels of up to 144dB (for a distortion of 0.5% THD) or even 156dB as long as the attenuator is in the position -12dB.
“You can hear my breath! … says Guzmán”
After several concerts with the Lewitt MTP 940CM, José Maria Guzman highlighted the absolute clarity of the microphone. “You can hear my breath! …” – he said. He told us that he thought it was the definitive microphone for concerts both indoors and outdoors, since the control over the feedback was absolute: – “Total absence of feedback interference”. And he added: – “The MPT 940CM will be my one and only microphone from now!”
– Type: Condenser, externally polarized
– Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
– Transducer Ø: 25.4 mm, 1 in
– Polar pattern: Wide cardioid, cardioid, supercardioid
– Frequency range: 20 … 20,000 Hz
– Sensitivity: 10 mV/Pa, -40 dBV/Pa (cardioid)
– Equivalent noise level: 9 dB (A), cardioid
– Max. SPL for 0.5 % THD: 144 dBSPL, 0 dB pre-attenuation
– Signal / noise ratio: 85 dB (A)
– Dynamic range: 135 dB (A)
– Pre-attenuation pad: 0 dB, -6 dB,-12 dB
– Low-cut filter: linear, 80 Hz (12 dB/oct), 160 Hz (12 dB/oct)
– Internal impedance: 150 Ω
– Rated load impedance: 1,000 Ω
– Supply voltage: 48 V +/- 4 V
– Current consumption: 5.5 mA
– Connector: Gold plated 3-pin XLR
– Dimensions: 51 dia. x 183 mm, 2 dia. x 7.2 in
– Weight: 332 g, 11.71 oz
– Includes: MTP 40 MCs Mic mount & DTP 40 Lb Mic bag.