Lynx Hilo USB, 2 channel converter
Lynx Hilo USB, the completely new design of the analog stages and converter topology for Hilo break new ground in terms of lowering distortion and noise while maintaining transparency for A/D and D/A conversion. Beyond that, Hilo offers extensive I/O capabilities and utilizes the latest FPGA technology with vast resources for control, routing, and signal processing capabilities. Also in development are diagnostic and analysis tools for Hilo. The LCD screen is a natural interface for these functions.
Lynx Hilo’s unique I/O and signal routing capabilities work well in recording, mixing, and mastering applications. In addition to the primary analog Line In and Line Out connections, Hilo provides Monitor and Headphone outputs. Digital outputs include USB, AES/EBU, S/PDIF coax, S/PDIF optical, and ADAT. To top it off, each output is fed by an independent mix of all input sources courtesy of the 32-channel internal mixer.
In total, Lynx Hilo USB has 12 total inputs, 16 total outputs plus 32 channels possible via its LSlot port. The unit’s FPGA powers its internal 32 channel mixer, which allows Hilo to offer the most versatile I/O and routing in the two channel converter genre. This is just the beginning of the innovation.
It is impossible to compare Hilo to other two channel AD and DA converters. In fact it is a unique product that is, at first, a little difficult to get your head around. Basically, Hilo replaces three different, critical components:
- Hilo is an analog to digital converter
- It is also a digital to analog converter. With most companies, these are two separate units.
- It is an independent headphone amplifier. The headphone section has its own, dedicated D/A converter.
- Hilo is a 3 in one unit – AD converter, DA converter and Headphone with its own dedicated D/A converter.
- There are three unique sets of analog outputs: main analog output, monitor output (with volume) and headphone output (with volume)
- The flexible digital I/O section offers the choice of AES/EBU, SPDIF by coax or TOSLINK optical, or ADAT formats
- The innovative design of the analog stage and converter topology allow ultra low noise and distortion specifications
- A 480 x 272 pixel LCD touch screen for operation and monitoring
- A 32 channel internal mixer in the updatable FPGA
- 12 total inputs, 16 total outputs plus 32 channels possible via LSlot. (LT-USB, LT-HD or LT-TB)
- AC powered with Battery operation available
- Open ended software for future measurement, metering, diagnostic and personalization features using the touch screen LCD.
- Optional accessories: Rack for two units
LINE IN A/D PERFORMANCE
THD+N -114dB @1kHz, -1dBFS, 20kHz filter
Dynamic Range 121 dB, A-weighted, -60dBFS signal method
Frequency Resp. ± 0.01 dB, 20 – 20kHz
Crosstalk -140 dB maximum @ 1kHz, -1dBFS signal
LINE OUT D/A PERFORMANCE
THD+N -109dB @1kHz, -1dBFS, 20kHz filter
Dynamic Range 121 dB, A- weighted, -60dBFS signal method
Frequency Resp. ± 0.02 dB, 20 – 20kHz
Crosstalk -135 dB maximum @ 1kHz, -1dBFS signal