The Focusrite Red 1 500 Series mic preamp brings legendary Red Series mojo to the popular 500 series format. The Red 1 pre became an essential kit in the world’s top studios, thanks to its unique signature sound and its ability to perform flawlessly with any microphone.
With 66dB of gain, you can use the Red 1 500 Series pre with your condensers, dynamics, and ribbon mics, too. Like the original Red Range, this module is made in England with classic Red circuit topology and components.
Focusrite Red 1 500 Features:
- Original Red circuit topology and components
- Popular, convenient 500 Series format
- Lundahl LL1538 input transformer
- Carnhill custom output transformer
- Grayhill gold-plated mil-grade gain switch
- 66dB of gain; suitable for virtually any microphone
- Backlit VU meter with switchable calibration
- Polarity invert and +48V phantom power
- Need Serie 500 rack: API 500-6B HC, API 500-8B or API 500VPR.