The Empirical Labs Distressor EL8 X single-channel analog compressor adds some distinctive British flavor to an already outstanding unit! The EL8 X provides the aggressive “all buttons in” characteristics obtained from the classic LN1176, courtesy of an onboard British Mode switch. While the Distressor can function very smoothly and transparently, the addition of the British Mode allows it to take on a very “un-subtle” character, giving you the best of two compressors in one!
Empirical Labs Distressor EL8 X Specifications:
- Freq. response is 2 Hz to 160 kHz in clean audio mode (+0, -3 dB). Response is shaped in distortion modes (Dist 2, Dist 3).
- Dynamic range 110 dB from max. output to min. output in 1:1 mode. Greater than 100 dB signal to noise in distort 3 mode.
- Distortion ranges between .02% and 20% depending on distortion mode and release times set on front panel.
- DC coupled output – High quality input caps.
- Input impedance is 20K Ohms, Output impedance is < 75 ohms
- Time constants – Attack range 50uS – 50mS. Release range .05 sec to 3.5 seconds, normal modes and up to 20 seconds in 10:1 opto mode.
- Time constants are dependant on ratio.
- Metal Chassis – single height 1.75″ high, 10″ deep, 19″ wide.
- Available too EL8 without British Mode & Image link or EL8 X/S Stereo pair.