Based on the API 500 Series form factor, the Burl Audio B1D was designed to compliment the B2 Bomber ADC, and give you multi-channel pleasure. With the proprietary BX3 input transformer and BX4 iron output transformer, the B1D Mic Pre delivers warmth with depth and clarity.
The B1D is the same as the B1 except that it has an all iron BX4 output transformer giving it a more terrifying rock tone.
The B1 and B1D come complete with both Gain and Level controls. If you want that heavy, gainy tone, crank up the stepped gain control and offset that with the level control. If clean tone is your thing, turn the gain down and crank up the level. For ribbon mics and other low impedance sources, the B1D has a transformer coupled impedance select. The B1D was rigorously tested with the popular Royer R-121 in the low impedance setting, and we think it sounds pretty f***ing bitchin’’ on guitar amps.
The B1D gets the best out of any microphone, whether it be dynamic, condenser or ribbon.
Burl Audio B1 Features:
- BURL custom BX3 input transformer
- BURL custom BX4 iron output transformer
- Audiophile, discrete, Class A, direct-coupled, capacitor free circuit path
- Stepped gain control
- Independent output level control
- 70 dB gain
- Impedance select
- 1/4” front panel DI input
- 30 dB pad for hot signals and balanced line level input
- Phantom power
- Phase reverse
- Tri-colored gain level indication
- Love and thunder
- 500 Series